1) Where are DNA products made?
All of our handmade products are carefully designed and handmade in the U.S.A. with protection, reusability, durability and comfort in mind. Our fabrics and materials are sourced in America from American distributors.
2) Do DNA Masks come with a filter?
Yes. DNA face masks and surgical masks have a tri-laminate filter composed of three (3) layers of spunbond and meltblown polypropylene for maximum filtration and protection.
Our filtration system includes the same filtration system used for N95 masks, plus two (2) additional layers of filtration and protection. The filter in DNA's heavy-duty, handmade face masks are concealed between a water/blood repellent outer layer and an inner layer designed for moisture absorption and comfort.
3) Have your masks been tested for efficacy in protecting against COVID-19?
Yes. The COVID-19 particle is indeed around 0.1 microns in size, but it is always bonded to something larger.
DNA masks, both adults and kids surgical ties and ear loop styles, have undergone performance testing of Medical Face Masks to ASTM F2100 Standard Specifications by a third party, Intertek.
DNA masks were tested for:
- Sub-micron particulates filtration efficient at 0.1 micron > 98.5% PFE
- Bacterial filtration efficiency > 98%
- Differential pressure mm H20/cm2 (Breathability) at <5.0
- Resistance to penetration by synthetic blood (highest pressure) at 160 mmhg
- Flame Spread (flammability) determined to be Class 1 (low flammability)
4) How do DNA masks differ from other handmade and medical grade masks?
DNA Masks are protective, comfortable, washable, and economical.
Protection: The extremely high PFE rating of 98.5% speaks for itself.
Comfort: DNA masks offer unique, patent-pending features such as: added head strap to the ear loops style to relieve pressure from the ears and provide a more snug fit; sewn in bottom elastic that hugs under the chin for a snug seal; adjustable aluminum nose insert to improve seal around nose and cheeks.
Washable: DNA masks can be machine washed or undergo autoclave sterilization.
Economical: DNA masks ability to be reused proves to be an economical choice when compared to disposable masks.
DNA also put utility, business sense, and fun into our products. Our masks are suitable for a wide range of scenarios in the home or workplace, and our designs encourage family protection and participation in the fight against COVID-19.
5) How should I wash and care for my DNA mask?
DNA masks can be hand or machine washed in hot water with regular detergent. We recommend air dry only. Do not bleach.
6) Does autoclaving sterilization damage the filter?
DNA masks have been tested before and after autoclave sterilization at 270 degrees for 15 mins with no change or compromise to it's filtration efficiency.
7) How many times can I wash my DNA mask?
Our masks have been test washed in hot water up to 10 times with no change to filtration efficiency.
We cannot guarantee a number of safe washes as there are too many variables, such as, how it is handled by the user, how often it is worn, machine types and detergents used.
We recommend discarding the masks if any physical damage is noted to the inner or outer layers.
8) Do you offer wholesale option?
At the moment we do not offer wholesale options.
9) Do you offer mask personalization of colors and logos?
Yes we do. We have the ability to customize your mask with whatever color and design you wish.
How does the custom order of DNA masks work?
A: The minimum order is of 10 masks. If you need more, it does not need to be in increments of 10. We can customize any amount for you.
1) After the order is placed, you will email us your logo and detailed requirements, such as, background color, pattern style vs single upper corner logo, elastic vs ties style.
2) We then submit your logo and idea for design.
3) We email you sample pictures of the design options.
4) Once you approve it, we print the designs into our fabrics and start sewing.
5) Processing time for custom orders is around 5-7 business days. We ship sooner whenever possible.
It is a great way to stand out, market your business and provide safety to your staff, students, baby shower guests keepsake, hospital delivery keepsake and more.
10) How long does it take to ship my order?
Processing time varies between 1-7 business days depending on demand and amount of orders received at one time. We do our best to process our hand made products as fast as possible. You have the option of choosing shipping speed at check out.
Pre order items can have a more unpredictable turnaround time because those items are usually very high demand and handmade everyday.
We do not sacrifice excellence and quality for speed.
11) Do you donate masks?
Yes we do. We have donated 1000s of masks and continue to do so locally. We also offer a discount for donation purchases.
12) How did DNA Masks come about?
DNA is a federal contracting company specializing in facility support services. We have reconfigured to make much needed high-quality, washable PPE to help with the worldwide shortage during the pandemic. The owners are husband and wife: a U.S. Marine, disabled combat veteran of the Iraq War and a Nurse Anesthetist with over 10 years of experience in the operating room who found themselves eager to help with the pandemic while keeping their employees working.
13) What is your return policy?
DNA masks offers satisfaction guaranteed. We replace any product that does not meet or exceed your expectations.
Masks - We apologize for the inconvenience, but we do not accept returned masks once package has been opened as we cannot guarantee cleanliness or rule out compromise of materials which would make it no longer suited for restock/resale.
We do however, accept returns of unopened packages. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for your free return label and exchange.
Other products - We accept returns of unworn items within 30 days of purchase. Email us at email@example.com to receive your free return label. A full product refund will be issued once we have received your return. We do not refund the original shipping fee.
14) What is the difference between ear loop style and surgical ties style?
Ear loop style comes with a head strap for comfort, it is practical to put on and take off, and it is 1 size fits most for adults. It comes in multiple sizes for children.
Surgical ties style offer a more custom fit as you can tie to fit any size head/face. Therefore, if you are not an average size person, we recommend you purchase this style for the best fit.
15) Do you offer kids sizes masks?
We have a variety of designs and sizes suitable for children with the same protection and comfort offered in the adult masks.
16) If I am a petite woman, what is the best size for me?
We suggest purchasing a child's medium size for very petite adult women and teens.
17) Are you hiring?
DNA masks has been expanding fast and are always looking for more team players. If you think you have what it takes to be part of a fun growing team, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
18) Do you offer discounts or free shipping?
We have different sales going on all the time. To find out about our ongoing sales, visit our website or follow us on social media for updates.
Facebook: @DNA Masks and Instagram: @dnamasks